Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Quick clarification on position sizing

For posterity: When I talk about a "100% position", I will typically be referring to stocks, whereas a 10% position (or thereabouts) will be options; the reasoning is that by nature options are typically much more risky. For instance, if a typical 100% position for me would be purchasing $1000 worth of a stock, then purchasing a 10% position of options would be $100 of options. However, if it's a "100% position" for options, I would be purchasing $1000. So, my 100% ECYT put position is very risky, and could go very poorly; I feel confident in its prospects though, which is why I made the very risky bet of a 100% options position on it.

JVS

This is not a trade analysis, or recommendation, but an explanation of this blog's model portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment